What are you going to do about it?
An e-book for engineers
on what do about,
with and for marketing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Why marketing matters
- What you need to accomplish
- Getting the attention
- Getting the confidence in your solution
- Getting the business
- How we’re going to get there
- What’s your problem? Who cares?
- You talking to me?
- How do I know I can believe you?
- Putting the positioning statement together
- Single decisionmakers
- Considered purchases
- Who do you have to convince in order to get the business?
Defining the audience: marketing personas
- May I have your attention please?
- Does paying attention make sense?
- Is now a good time?
- May I have your digital attention please?
- The quid pro quo of attention
- Attention by the numbers
- How attention relates to the business canvas
- How Consideration enables Segmentation
- Segmentation via consideration of the problem
- How Consideration Enables Differentiation
- Combining segmentation and differentiation
- Differentiation and segmentation for a considered purchase
Defining your business and marketing goals
- Do you get it now? So what?
- Remembering in the context of acceptability
- Weaponizing your message
- The benefits hierarchy
- Sequence vs. Hierarchy
- Putting secondary benefits to work
- And if there isn’t a successful meeting?
Weaponizing your content